Since November 2007, Chad and I thoroughly discussed his dreams and what wishes he hoped to fulfill in his lifetime.
These desires were written hastily on napkins, in notebooks and the backs of business cards for nearly three years and finally, I’ve compiled his list in one place.
Some of the wishes have been fulfilled; most have not.
Chad never wasted a moment of his time; always tinkering with things or learning something new in hopes of bettering himself.
He never wasted a single moment.
And neither will we.
In honor of his tenacity and dedication to providing memorable lessons to our family, the girls and I will fulfill his bucket list.
In time, each task will be memorialized here with a photo and the date completed.
I hope you enjoy our continued journey of life, love & laughter.
Most importantly, I hope you learn to live Chad’s most valuable lesson: Life is short. Don’t waste a moment.
1. Ride a Harley
2. Get a Passport – complete
3. Travel to the Caribbean with the girls – complete
4. Travel to Europe with the girls
5. Drive a race car
6. Skydive – October 22, 2011
7. Go back to school – complete for Chad…I’m still working on this.
8. Take the girls to Disney World – complete Spring Break 2015
9. Train for and complete a marathon
10. Drive across the border Mexico – complete 2007
11. Eat an authentic meal in Mexico – complete 2007
12. Travel to California – complete 2008
13. Tube down a mountain river with the girls
14. Take the girls to the Biltmore at Christmas – complete 2010
15. Take the girls to a NCSU football game
16. Take the girls to a NCSU basketball game
17. Take the girls to the NC State Fair – complete 2010
18. Swim with dolphins
19. Scuba dive – complete 2010
20. Travel by train – complete 2010
21. Visit family in New York – complete 2010
22. Meet Philip Rivers – complete 2008
23. Watch sea turtles hatch
24. Drive cross-country
25. Revisit Castle McCulloch
26. Hike the Appalachian Trail
27. Learn to wakeboard
28. Eat lobster in Maine
29. Walk my daughters down the aisle
30. Provide a college education for the girls
31. Learn to play the guitar
32. Touch a shark – complete 2011
33. Travel to Hawaii
34. Touch Mayan ruins
35. Watch whales in Alaska
36. Travel to Africa
37. Complete a mission trip/help with Habitat
38. Take a cruise
39. Live with less
40. Anonymously help others – ongoing